Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another passion....

Well here is my excuse for not blogging for three months... I have a new found passion.... Triathlons. They are so addictive! I have always wanted to complete a tri by myself and just never had either the courage or an appropriate event to enter into. In January I did my first ever triathlon (why not start at 34!) and instantly became hooked. I now just want to train as much as I can and bet my time each and every time. So far so good. I joined the Kalgoorlie Triathlon Club - a fantastic group of inspirational people and joined a cycling course with Eastern Goldfields Cycling Club. My hubby and I went to the bike shop where we set me up (thanks to Hannan's Cycles!) and I was away. Now I have joined the cycle club as a member and despite being the slowest member, I have a real enthusiasm to just get faster and faster - and enjoy the ride and company along with it :) Best thing about it too is I can fit my training around work, the house, the husband's hockey and the girls' dancing, hockey, guitar lessons and family life in general - LOVE IT!






Next weekend is the last event of the season - the Goldfields Olympic Distance and it will be the furthest distance I have done so far. I am really looking forward to it. Cant wait to meet triathlete superstar Kate Belaquava who is coming up for the event too!


Now for my old passion - scrapbooking! Have not had much time with everyone else going on but still manage to get at least one done a week - my downtime. Here are a few recent ones using Kasiercraft...



TTFN!


Tenaha


xox

1 comment:

Debra James said...

Good for you Tenaha, and you are right you can never be too old to try something new. You is going to be one super fit gal when you have finished,I for one wont run against you,I would need some resusitation afterwards, bahaha. Goodluck in the next event.xxx Love the layouts and cards and that you still have a little time to play still.xxxx