Sunday, April 26, 2009

Been busy creating...

I have had such a productive week! I have completed 14 layouts now bringing me only 11 months behind now :( hubby has been on nights this week so with the kids in bed I got lots done.

On top of this I have completed a mini canvas for my daughter's friend. It was actually Seekara's idea. She was watching me do my large tile canvas and asked if she could do one for her friend for her birthday - I thought it was a fabulous idea. Seekara helped with the painting, gluing, sanding and inking. See even four year olds can join in with projects like this!

I have now started some mini canvases for my Mumsy, Mother in law and Nansy. I am officially addicted to tiles! Hopefully I will have them ready to show by next week.
Here are a few of my fave projects completed for the week:
Gift for Seekara's friends birthday - using collections tiles, making memories paper, Kasier wood embellishment, Love Elsie buttons, K & Co embellishments and other bits and pieces. Broken jewellery and children's trinkets make great embellishments on these canvases. Even better - go through a man's shed - its amazing what bits and pieces you can find. Check out Tracy's blog - her hubby found some old cupboard handles whilst cleaning out the shed - perfect for a canvas!

My brother Kade and his beautiful wife Jacqui on their night - layout using K & Co papers & embellishments, Letters by Carolee's Creations and Basic Grey. The flower was made from ribbons and some spare material.
Seekara adores her Uncle Kade and Aunt Jacqui - papers and embellishments from Basic Grey Infuse Collection, Scissor Sisters paper, Bird and brackets from Collections, Hambly Screen Prints rubons.

Its not everyday a Newman kid gets to make a sandcastle on the beach - I think Seekara enjoyed it too :) hehe Papers by Creative Imaginations, Seven Gypsies, Collections & ProvoCraft. Letters from American Crafts. Castle and lettering from Cricut Storybook and Stretch Your Imagination.


Me - 7 months pregnant and proud. Basic Grey Granola Collection, Kaiser pearls and Fancy Pants stamps.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: