Monday, May 4, 2009

Preparing for Mothers Day

I'm really excited - my Mumsy is coming up to Newman this year for Mother's Day. It will be nice to have Mum here for Mother's Day and it will be lovely for her to see the girls. I think Mum is really looking forward to all the sports watching too - she will get to see two games of my netball, one game of Darryl's footy game in Veterans and Seekara's first ever soccer game next weekend. Not to mention watching me chase after Cheekah all day saying No Cheekah! which really is sport of its own!

In preparation for Mothers Day this year I decided to make both mothers of our family and my Nan a canvas tile with pictures of loved ones in the tiles. Here is what I came up with:

I have now started making one of for Seekara's little friends at kindy for his fourth birthday this weekend. Will be interesting to see how a boy tile canvas turns out.

I have been doing some layouts for our new released products this week. These layouts are using parts from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey range. Lime Rickey is just so bright and colourful and you will love the big googly eyed birds in the range too.


Can you guess who the Wally in my page is???? Picture taken at Hunter Valley April 2009.


Below is a picture of Maddy and Seekara at last years Newman High School Ball. The students walk into the Recreation Centre in their gorgeous attire in front of the public. It is really lovely to see what they are all wearing and a nice little outing in Newman. We have been lucky the past three years with having a niece in the ball each year. This year the youngest Castelli girl will be celebrating her year 12 ball. I cant wait to see her gorgeous dress on her. Next year certainly will not be as exciting without one of the girls in the ball parade. My sister and law has also been busy with organising the ball's theme and events. Dianne has been involved for quite a while in this and she really is a clever lady. You should see the way they transform a normal gymnasium into a ball wonderland to match each year's theme. It 's amazing. I cant wait to see the gym this year. This year's theme is PARIS!
This layout was used some embellishments from the Lime Rickey Range, Collections chipboard (I love the new little banners!); American Crafts rubons, German Scrap, Paper by K & Co and Cherry Arte; Flowers by Green Tara, Letters - Carolee's Creations, Basic Grey and American Crafts. Cherry Bling from Creative Imaginations.

No comments: