Monday, June 22, 2009

Something Different

This week I thought I would have a go at something a bit different. A while back i received a recipe for making my own laundry detergent from Collections owner Julie van Oosten. She was telling em about it and I really wanted to have a go. So on the weekend I made up my concoction and even used my good ole Thermomix to mix the first part. The recipe made ten litres and when I worked it out I end up saving about $10 per lire as opposed to what I am currently using. I have done a few loads and it seems to working well.Last week I also managed to finally finish my scrap quilt. It only took me eigtheen months and it was supposed to be for myself whilst I was pregnant with Cheekah. Oh well, better late than never right. I am really happy with how it worked out and the best thing was I only paid for the backing, wadding and quilting because the rest was made out of my fabric stash. Bonus!On the scrapping front I have been playing with some Collections items. I love all the new six inch papers from Collections and can not get enough of the tiles and new inchies.

The page below was made using Hambly Screen Print, Bazzil, Collections papers, Collections tiles, Glimmer Chips, Basic Grey ribbon, Making Memories & K & Co flowers, Tim Holtz Grunge& Delish Alphabets.

The page below was made using papers from Basic Grey, Making memories, Autumn Leaves & K & Co. Flowers and Bling by K & Co. Letters by making Memories.

The page below was taken this time last year for my baby Shower. The page was made using Autumn Leaves papers - just in at RTlicious. I Also used Kaiser bling and the cute little pregnant women was cut out with Bazzil on the Cricut (New Born) and embossed with the Cuttlebug.

The page below was made using a bit of Fabric, MY Minds Eye and Creative imaginations Papers; Basic Grey Rubons, brads, flowers, and leaves were cut out on the Cricut using the Life is a Beach Cartridge. I love this Cartridge!
Another Cousin, below, was made using the Collections inchies (smaller version of a tile) and using Making Memories embellishments, Kaiser Bling and rubons and Basic Grey papers and ABC's using the Porcelain collection.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

love your new layouts. The tiles look fantastic on the layouts too. Looks like you're powering through your photo stash :)

Rhonda Smithers said...

Love it all and your quilt looks amazing........you amaze me with all the stuff you get done.