Sunday, September 13, 2009

Creating with the Newman Girl Guides

On the weekend Rhonda and I had a craft session with the Girl Guides as part of their activities for their annual sleepover event. We had 19 girls aged 5 and up and they created some lovely stuff. Amongst the girls, they made some lovely bird houses, handbags, tissue boxes and mirrors. The girls were all very creative and very polite.

Suzie and Ali had stayed with the girls over night and I must say they do such a wonderful job with the guides here in Newman. If it wasn't for their great work and volunteering there would be no Girl Guides in Newman. It is all because of people like this that we have so many opportunities for our children here in Newman. Now what I have I been up to this week?
I have again been taking the opportunity to use Websters trims (love them!!!) and Sassafras flowers where I can. I have used them on the Christmas layout below. The photo was taken last year at the Newman Daycare Christmas party. The photo of Cheekah was taken by the very talented Anita Lorimer. Thanks Anita - I love this photo.
Other products used in this layout were - Papers from Basic Grey & Creative Imaginations; circle punch; Fiskars Apron lace punch; Sassafras layered flowers; Making memories buttons; Websters red p[om pom trim; Carolee's Creations alphabet stickers; and Basic Grey Chocolate Chip Alphabet.

The layout below was made with a bit of experimentation sewing and ripping papers. I also used on this page - Basic Grey papers, embellishments and alphabets (lemonade range); and ink.


The following layout was made using a kit from the latest version of the Digital Artist Scrapbooking magazine i recently bought online. The magazine had heaps of free kits and it was fun learning new digital skills and creating this layout of my daughter, which I scraplifted the idea from the magazine. I love how it turned out and once i have a little more confidence in it I cant wiat to start exploring a little more...
The layout below was used in a recent layout class. The layout was made using papers from Sassafras Lass (Vintage Yummy); ribbon from American Crafts; staples; Glimmer mist in Burnt Red; Basic Grey rubons (Sugared).

1 comment:

Tracy said...

love, love, love your digital layout! Very clever! I might be inspired to try some more myself :)