Monday, December 7, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

I can't believe it is only 17 days until Christmas already.  This year has zoomed by.

Appropriately,  I was able to scrapbook a photo of the four of us from five years ago!  My goodness we have changed a lot.  I really cherish this photo now.  I am not very comfortable having my photo taken but Darryl and I joined in this Christmas photo because at the time Cheekah was only 2 and was still scared of Santa.  In addition to that someone had once said to me that it was special to your children to have photos with their Mum and Dad - and it is a real treasure to look back on now.




This page was completed using the Kaiser Turtle Dove collection, a collection from a few years ago.  I love using up my old stash.  I also used some Kaiser bling and flowers, stickers and dies. 

I have really enjoyed art journalling over the past fortnight.  Last week's challenge in the Daily Life Project, was to use a mask. I really felt like drawing too. First, I added a layer of colour in the background, wrote some quotes from a book I am currently reading and masked that by making a 
masquerade.  I sprayed over the top of that with a mist of pink and teal.  I then drew my lady, inspired the Miss Miranda Kerr, and painted in some facial features for her.  I am currently reading a book by Dale Carnegie about conquering worry - so I wanted to use that theme in my page. This page actually makes me really happy to look at and it certainly helped me to forget my worries whilst I was making this page.  And yes... That is a technique suggested in my book.  When you are busy it is harder to worry! 






I also managed to finish restoring a family heirloom during the past few months.  This dressing table belonged to my Nanna's family and has been passed down.  It has had a few layers of paint colour over the years  so I wanted to strip it down to its natural wood.  It had a lot of different streak marks of paint in it so to brighten it up again I painted it white.  I wanted to use a chalk paint effect.  Chalk paint is not cheap or  easy to obtain in Perth so I went to a local paint store and received advice to mix normal furniture paint with water until you get the desired effect you are after.  I mixed the paint with water about 50/50.  I liked the effect and painted several layers to the table.  I am quite pleased with the end result.  


Now to get to the rest of the house and my never ending list.  

Merry Christmas xx

No comments: