Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year New Art

Happy New Year!

2015 has been a great year for just discovering more about myself and being grateful for what I have. I have started art journaling, began painting and drawing and just delving more into all types of art and discovering what makes me feel free and happy.  Here is some my recent plays with art and craft....

 

I combined stamping, journalling and masking for this little lady.  I used paint spray, acrylic paint, white and black markers and water colour to colour the page.  

This page was completed using stencilling and water colour 

This page was based on my memories for 2015.  I used masking tape to blank out areas on my page which I would leave blank. After sketching and water colouring my whole page,  I stripped the masking tape off to reveal my journalling areas for my photos.  

I used a quote I like as a theme for this  page.  I began this page layering colours  and primer then layers and collage as my base. I wrote a quote about living in the moment in the background also.   I then sketched my owl creatures and vegetation.  I painted the remaining background blue with acrylic paint and left the sketches bare to reveal the background.  I outlined the sketch with black liner and then white pen.  I thoroughly enjoyed this page. I think this technique may become a favourite. 

So I have finished the Daily Life Project 2015 art journalling challenges.  The Art to the Fifth ladies 
are launching a new project for 2016 - the Unplanner.  I have never done a planner before so it is going to be something completely new for me.  I plan to keep exploring the world of art and adding  to my art journals in 2016.  I know that 2016 is going to be wonderful for learning new techniques - I can feel it already!  

Bring on 2016! 

Tenaha xx 
         

No comments: