Thursday, January 14, 2016

Shaving foam fun

Who would have thought that you could make awesome backgrounds with shaving foam. I stumbled across this technique and can't wait to play with more.  I coated the sheets with a thin layer of shaving foam and added acrylic ink and reinkers for stamp pads.  I wiped away the excess foam and was left with some pretty cool backgrounds.  This is my first play so I can't wait to see what I can do with mist sprays and paints using this technique.  

I love using different backgrounds to add interesting touches to my art journals, cards, Scrapbooking and paintings.  I went stamp crazy with the background pages I made and came up with a few cards I liked.  It was a lot of fun and I am sure they will end up in all my craft.  




Above - I liked my art journal page so much last month that I decided to do one on a canvas.  
Below - I have started the 2016 Daily life project Unplanner.  It is great fun - I have never done anything like this and it is a great way to make a personalised diary and use all my fun craft doing it.  The forum of ladies involved is amazing and their work is inspirational.  To find out more go to http://www.arttothe5th.com/journal/2015/11/25/documented-life-project-2016-are-you-ready

Below is my rather untouched month planner page and a pocket art card featuring the number 16 for the new year.  





Above - my monthly planner page divider for January with the challenge title - out on a limb! 
Below - a canvas my daughter and I completed together for her gorgeous swim friend Sophie.  




Above - a fun art journal page I enjoyed putting together. 

Off to make some another art card for my Unplanner!  

Ciao xx





No comments: