Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm back.....

I have not blogged for a few weeks as I have been away from my beloved computer and went to Perth with the family. It was very nice to catch up with my Perth based family and I had some fantastic retail therapy and cant wait to just have an excuse to wear my new clothes and shoes anywhere I can in Newman - can someone please have a cocktail PARTY!
I had big withdrawals from scrapping though. I took quite a few layouts to do but we were so exhausted each night all I could do was sleep each night. We were all sick the entire time in Perth but we still managed to get all our "Perth List" done and spend some time with our family so that was a positive. My grandparents also got to spend some time with the girls - they are totally smitten over both of them. And it was great to catch up with my little bro and sis n law to see their new house being built (very exciting) and we all went to the show together also. My fave part was the wood chopping competition. I never had seen anything like this before and thought it was awesome the way these guys chop wood! Seekara and I also got to go and do some bridesmaids duties with my cousin Rhiannon which was lots of fun. We managed to get a dress for both of the girls - cant wait to see them so dressed up in Jan. Cant believe my little cuz is getting married in three months time! Where did the time go. Anyways - enough of the babbling... here are some of my recent projects..
I completed this little menu planner as part of an online class i did with Sisters in Style. I just added my own bright colours to it and it a bit more user friendly as something i would use. I have made it into a recipe folder in which I can write any items for a shopping list, plan a weekly menu and make little notes. It is nice and small too so i can fit it in my handbag and take shopping with me. I love LISTS (a trait I definitely got from my mother!) So this little folder is ideal for me.
To make the menu planner i used predominantly Cosmos Cricket papers, Kaiser flowers, miscellaneous ribbons and cereal packet cardboard! Love reusing packet items. Free and just the right thickness.

This layout above was also made using Cosmo Cricket papers - available very soon in RTlicious. I also used readily available papers in now from Sassafrass and Basic Grey (June Bug). Stickers were from June Bug also and bling from Kaiser. Letters from BASIC grey and American Crafts.


This layout was made using Basic Grey Lemonade papers, rubons and stickers; Euphoria chipboard; Kaiser bling & Green Tara flowers.
The layout below was made using the new kaiser Penny Royale papers. We had a class on this last Friday and still have some kits available. The letters were cut from cereal packet cardboard and covered in Penny Royale papers using the Hannah Montana cartridge. I know most people would not even look at this cartridge but it is awesome. It has six fantastic fonts in it plus other items that will get a lot of use. My new fave font Cricut cartrdige! I also used Green Tara flowers, My minds Eye rubons, a Maya Road Chipboard heart, texture paste, a "I Love you" stamp fro Autumn Leaves & tiny little buttons available in various colours at RTlicious.


Must go and create - I am having withdrawals and need to get into it again!
TFL
Tenaha
xox



No comments: