Monday, January 19, 2009

4 sleeps to Retreat!

Wow. We are getting excited now. Only 4 more sleeps to our annual weekend retreat. Make sure you check out Julie's blog (http://nirvanaelements.blogspot.com/) for a sneak peak of what we will be doing. She is so clever!

I am about 18 months behind in my photos at the moment so I am trying to get as much done as possible right now why I can. Here are some layouts I have completed this week:This layout was completed using Scenic Route papers and gives you an idea of what you can do with papers that are full of strips. I have also used some buttons, Heidi Swapp clear flowers, kaiser bling flowers and a Making Memories Journalling card. Letters are by Carolee's Creations.

Using different chipboard elements and My Minds Eye and Basic Grey papers.

Using Basic Grey and Creative Imaginations papers. This was really fun. Chipboard Basic Grey, Rubons Hambly.Papers - Flirtini and My Minds Eye, plain chipboard letters painted white, dry brushed with teal paint and then glittered. Kaiser bling, K & Co 3d stickers, Kaiser rubons and stitching (of course).




Papers Junkitz and Bazzil, Kaiser rubons, KI Memories journakl sticker, sewing, Carolee's Creations letters and larger letters are a mixture of different leftover letters. The latest edition of Creating Keepsakes (January 2009) lists mixed multicoloured letters as a trend for 2009 so don't throw away your bits of ABC leftovers - use them in a layout. To save on space, I have kept a small shoebox and placed individual letters in a small Glad seal bag so I have individual leftovers ABC's together. Then when i want a bit of a mix of ABC's they are easy to find. You cant use what you cant find so I try and make it easy to use when I want them.


I had to share this with everyone - it is so cute, This is my baby girl Cheekah with her older sister's cowboy hat on whilst riding on her rocking horse. Love it.


No comments: