Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What a fabulous weekend!

We all had such a wonderful time on the weekend at the second RTlicious Weekend Retreat. We were very lucky to have the lovely Julie van Oosten of Collections come and teach us for two days with Rhonda and I giving some other challenges and classes over the weekend also.

The girls did such an amazing job of their projects. We all were very inspired by Julie and I must say.. they have all gone Collections mad! We have a tile frenzy going on. Some of the ladies said they went to bed thinking of tile designs... I must admit, so did I.
Thanks so much to Julie for your wonderful inspiration over the weekend and to all the participants for your humour, company and patience over the weekend. (Check out Julie's pics on her blog at http://www.nirvanaelemetns.blogspot.com/) We also would have to say thanks to Mia Mia, especially to Charmaine, Dustine and the chefs at Mia Mia for hosting a wonderful venue and once again providing scrumptious food.

On a personal level i have now well and truly gotten into my 365 day challenge. We have quite a lot of girls now completing this task at RTlicious. it is going to be so much fun during the year to see what interesting photos we all take.
I have chosen to complete my challenge in a traditional scrap album using digital templates. I am adding a touch of hybrid to my pages by adding a touch of dimension here and there with bling, button, thread etc. I am very proud to say that i am up to date and completing my pages week by week - but it is only January... hopefully I can keep this up. here is a sample of my layout for Week 4 2009.
Today I took a picture of my clothesline - I hung my washing out this morning and noticed that I had nothing but bright pink hanging across my line... product of having two young girls I guess. No doubt though i am sure it will be a picture that I will one day treasure when i look back on their little tops and Cheekah's bibs hanging on the line.

I wanted to use these papers for my eldest daughter playing Snakes and Ladders with my Mum. I used Stampit, Jenny Bowlin and Crate papers; Kaiser flowers; Collecrtions transparency, letters and chipboard; Heidi Swapp letters and Carolees Creations letters.

I had a bit of fun putting this layour below together. I used KI Memoires, Basic Grey papers; Kaiser wood; My Minds Eye diecut; Lisa Bearnson stamps; KI Memories and various other buttons. Was lots of fun playing with doodling, stamps and a bit of paint. And best of all I used my scraps!

No comments: