Monday, January 19, 2009

Take the Challenge

After reading a recent edition of Creating Keepsakes (January 2009), the team at Rtlicious thought it would be fun for any willing customers to take part in 365 day photo challenge. We thought this would be a great opportunity to support each other with ideas in how we could take a picture a day and scrap it at the end of the year. The best part of this is at the end of the year we will have so much documented.

When Rhonda and I were talking about it we initially discussed that it might be hard for someone without kids. But then we started thinking about the possibilities and the things that we often don't photograph but could be really important in the future. What about things like the view down your street, your backyard, what you cook, where you exercise, your work, friends, your favourite drink - they are so many opportunities out there.

To make it Nice and simple too we are going to encourage everyone to keep their documented year as simple as scrap booking can be - therefore when it comes to putting it together it will not be so overwhelming. I am opting to do the pages as I go so I am up to date each month and scrap a week to a double page.

What did I take a photo of yesterday - the TV! Yesterday they had an inauguration of Obama as the first black US president and I thought this was an important part of history - so I took a photo of it!

If you would like to take part ion the RTlicious challenge and have any ideas of what you think is important to photograph email us at rtlicious@bigpond.com. We would love to hear your views.

Now for another challenge I have decided to partake in...

I saw this challenge on Loretta's (http://scrap.paisleyblues.com/blog) blog and thought it would be a great way of getting my pages done and having a bit of fun at the same. Follow the link below if you want to see the challenge for yourself.





Here is my challenge layout. I used papers from Basic Grey, stickers Basic Grey & Creative Imaginations, Letters from Collections, Green Tara Flowers, Red Glimmer Mist, Kaiser bling, ribbon.

1 comment:

Retta said...

You know that view down the street or even the ones around your yard can give you a shock sometimes. I was just looking through mine recently... it has changed so much and I had forgotten it looked that way in the beginning.
I am going to make a 7x5.5in book so my photo will take up most of the page but with some room for a title and maybe some words. But I do have the back of the page for the whole story if needed. :) Anyway my goal is to get it done weekly or fortnightly even if it is just sticking them straight in and embellish etc later.
182.5 pages + coverpage + backpage + maybe - monthly tabs... this is HUGE!!!