Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Stack

Our poor little Cheekah had her first real stack today and she has the little grazes to prove it. Poor bub. She has an outrageous fascination with shoes on her hands (yuck I know) and likes to put them on her hands and walk around like a four legged animal at thousand miles an hour... well she was bound to come a cropper eventually, and she did. She fell out the front door, completely missed the door mat and smack onto the concrete on her face. Poor little thing - she still looks adorable though. I am sure the way Cheekah is we are going to have plenty more stacks though.Here are some layouts and bits and pieces i have completed recently.....

The layout below was made using papers from kaiser and Bazzill; embellishments from Fancy pants (felt), Doodlebug (Floral trim), kaiser (bling), My Minds Eye (transparency strip), My Minds Eye (rubon), ribbon; and Glimmer Mist in Sapphire and Silver. Transparency saying is from Making Memories.

I love making cards from strips. I usually get a bit of a pile of scraps from my layouts from the week and at the end of the week, whatever I don't want to keep for something else gets cut up and made into cards. No wastage that way and I get a few quick cards done ready for all those special occasions. Her is a cowboy card I made up - its always harder to do boy cards for me.
The chipboard ensemble below is just me playing with a few chipboard scraps for something to do... as you do. All of the items are designed using collections chipboard. I have also used Distress Ink and of course Glimmer mist on the chipboard. It was lots of fun to make.


The cards below were made using the cute little Collections vintage images and some scrap papers I had left over.


The following layout was made using paper from Bazzil, Creative imaginations, Stampit and Scenic Route; rubons from Kaiser, Maya Road and Hambly; sewing used on the Scenic Route paper ; & Crackle Accents used on the title.

Ohhhh - more cards. This lot was made using a pile of scraps from Kaiser fairy paper. I love the Royal Blue patterned paper in this range. I also stamped on the back of paper I didn't really like (which was plain white on the back) to get rid of it.... nothing wasted here. I also used Fancy pants felt, string, Heidi Swapp corners, Kaiser flowers, brads, water colour Lyra crayons, and various rubons.
I am not overly happy with this layout below but like my husband says - someone might like It. Funny man. I used the paper below from the leftovers I had form the making memories mocha monthly challenge from RTlicious. This challenge has sold out already and submissions are due on the 15th Sept. In addition to the kit I used lace, paint, brads, kaiser & Prima flowers and a Making memories overlay quote.


Be sure to pop into RTlicious. We have a limited amount of kits leftover from the Festival last week so be sure to grab one before you miss out. This week we have the Boxtop layout class on Friday evening to windup our classes for the month of August. Make sure you check the web for the September schedule - we have lots coming up in September and the classes are filling quickly.
Have a great week and happy scrapping!
TFL
Tenaha ;)
xo

1 comment:

Rhonda Smithers said...

Poor Cheekah boo.......love her cute little pony tail