Sunday, August 2, 2009

Warm Up Please!

Newman usually warms up around the festival on the 16th August, only a fortnight away - and I am hanging out!!! The days have been beautiful here around the low - mid twenties but the nights drop quite a bit to around 4 - 11 degrees . When you are used to late thirty to early forty degrees for most of the year, this can be quite welcomed cooler weather - if only it didn't come with all the little colds and ailments everyone seems to get this time of year. Cant wait for these nights to get warmer up here - we all sound like a symphony of coughs, puffers and ventilators in our household here. And everyone around us seems to have a cold or illness of some sort. Here's to hoping the nights warm up soon and all our friends are family are feeling much better soon. Bring on the warmer weather!

Make sure you come and see us at the Fortescue festival on the 16th August if you are in Newman. We will have a heap of new kits available on the day but these are limited so be quick - first in best dressed!

On the crafting front... I am busy trying to just get rid of my scraps of late to make room for all the beautiful papers we have coming up over the next few months. The papers and embellishments are gorgeous!


The layout above is very typical me at the moment. I love all the bright funky papers coming out everywhere from companies like Sassafras and Basic Grey. The layout above is made using papers from Basic Grey Lime Rickey, Sassafras Vintage Yummy and Scenic Route; embellishments from Lime Rickey range also, Kaiser flowers and Bo Bunny brads.


I have loved making little characters with the Cricut of late. I recently made quite a few fairies and also made one for a friends little girl. I wanted to also make one for her brother but couldn't think quite the right character. I then remembered my Happily Ever After cartridge which you would normally associate with Princesses. Mulan is on this cartridge with her little buddy Mushu (played by Chris Rock in the movie - very funny). It is so cute and I think suits Seb - he is quite a gorgeous little character himself.
The layouts below are from an exciting new range called My Little Shoebox. Check out the range of papers on our web - www.rtlicious.com.au. They are so bright, funky and adorable. Also check out Tracy's blog www.therapycatchup.blogspot.com for some funky ideas using this range.

Also used in the layout below is rubons from Hambly and Maya Road.

Layout above used My Little Shoebox papers, Basic Grey Sugared rubons, Prima flowers, Kaiser bling and other rubons from Maya Road and Kaiser.
I am still forcing myself to use all my scraps up after doing some layouts. I hate having to save the papers to use again because it all just accumulates. It is also a great excuse to dabble in something else and get my stamps out. Here are a few I created this week with nothing but scraps left over from layouts. I love the little owl stamp - my new fave from Hero Arts.


Below is a few layouts from the kaiser All Sorts range. Love the bright colours.
The layout below uses papers from Kaiser and Creative imaginations; glimmermist, Doodlebug trimmings, flowers & bling from Kaiser.

Layout above was made using Kaiser All Sorts also with embellishments from Love Elsie (KI Memories), Creative Imaginations, Crate paper and K & Co. Of course I had to use the scraps to make a card (below).


Enjoy your first week in August.
Tenaha ;)

No comments: